ATEX / IECEx Certified Enclosures
Nema Enclosures is now offering our NExIS Increased Safety ATEX/IECEx standard and custom wall-mounted enclosures for applications anywhere in the world where third party certification is required for increased safety applications including ATEX Directive 94/9/EC and IEC 60079. The NExIS Increased Safety product is available in 4 different materials of construction including powder coated carbon steel, 304 stainless steel, 316 stainless steel and 5052 aluminum. Our high quality electrical enclosures are typically designed to house and protect electrical and electronic controls, instruments, and components in areas that may be exposed to extremely wet environmental conditions. All wall mount electrical enclosures are rated up to IP 66 and include certification for:
ATEX Directive 94/9/EC II 2 G EX e IIC Gb II 2 D EX e IIIC Db IP66
CE 0575 ITS 14 ATEX 37951U IECEx ITS 14.0004U.
Carbon Steel Enclosures
Carbon steel enclosures are cost-efficient electrical enclosures suitable for general indoor or outdoor use. It is considered to be one of the most widely used steel metals because it has many uses and advantages when compared to other types of metals.
Affordable and lightweight 5052 aluminum electrical enclosures are suitable for water and waste water treatment applications.
Stainless Steel Enclosures »
Nema offers stainless steel enclosures in both 304 and 316 stainless steel. Enclosures made of these materials are known for tough, corrosion-resistant construction.
For use in indoor or outdoor applications where a potential explosive hazard exists and third party approval of the enclosure integrity and design is required. Our unique hinge design allows the user to pivot the door away from the enclosure sealing surface and the continuous clamp design allows for uniform gasket compression to insure the potential hazardous gases or dusts do enter the enclosure.
- 14ga sheet metal for bodies and door
- Service Temperature -40C to + 80C
- Seams continuously welded and ground smooth
- High Temperature Medium Density Gasket suitable Group II Zone 2 Environment
- Padlock hasp and staple provided as a standard product offering
- Collar Studs provided for back panel mounting
- Internal and external earthing provided meet the requirements of ATEX/IECEx
- Data packet (thermoplastic) ships loose
- 304/316 and Aluminum # 3 Brushed Finish
- Carbon Steel is Powder Coated RAL (RAL7035)
- Equipment Group II Zone 2 Increased Safety Gases from Methane to Hydrogen
- Equipment Group II Zone 2 Increased Safety Combustible Dusts
- Environmental Rating up to IP66
Modifications and Customization
- Alternate sizes not shown (limitation is 60” height x 36” width)
- Any holes or blanks
- Alternate Powder colors
- Additional grounding
- ATEX/IECEx II 2 G Ex e IIC Gb
- ATEX/IECEx II 2 D Ex tb IIIC Db
- IEC 60079-7
- IEC 60079-31
to inquire about a quote from NEMA Enclosures
Or call us at 713.921.2233