At Nema Enclosures, we observe the IEC standardized International (or Ingress) Protection Code system for measuring enclosures' capabilities. The IP Code defines the degree of protection as "IP" followed by two numbers; the first digit reflecting in degrees the level of protection against particles, and protection to others from enclosed hazards, and the second digit indicating the extent of protection against water. Our IP66 enclosures offer the highest protection against particles, and a high level of protection against water. These enclosures stringently adhere to these standards, and you can expect superior quality and craftsmanship.
IP66 Defining Characteristics:
- Complete protection from dust, oil, and other non-corrosive material
- Complete protection from contact with enclosed equipment
- Protection from water, even from powerful jets of water
- Equivalent to NEMA rated 4 and 4X enclosures
- Engraving, silk-screening, and anodizing services available
- Custom with cutouts, insulation, hinges, latches or locks
IP66 Protection Standards
Refer to the chart below for the ratings of relative protection of electrical enclosures:
Nema Enclosures manufactures quality custom and standard NEMA-rated enclosures. Contact us today to learn how we can expedite a custom design and produce cost-effective standard NEMA-rated enclosures to protect your equipment.
to inquire about a quote from NEMA Enclosures
Or call us at 713.921.2233